3427 Southwest Boulevard | Grove City, Ohio 43123
Phone: (614) 801-8550 | Fax: (614) 277-3591
Back-to-school means more school bus traffic, students walking through residential areas to bus pick-up and drop-off locations, and students riding bicycles or walking to school. Please drive carefully and have a conversation with family members about driver awareness, especially if you have a new driver in the home.
• If a school bus is stopped on a street or road which has fewer than four lanes, all traffic approaching the bus from EITHER direction must stop at least 10 feet from the front and rear of the bus and remain stopped until the bus moves or the bus driver signals motorists to proceed.
• If the bus is stopped on a street or road which has four or more lanes, ONLY traffic proceeding in the same direction as the bus must stop.
(Source: Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws)
Our Staff:Tim Cox
- Transportation SupervisorEric Kinney
- Route Supervisor / Vehicle Tracy Spangler
- Route Supervisor- Special EducationJohn Uhrin
- Route Supervisor- Public / Out of DistrictLadawna Dent
- Route Supervisor- Public / Out of DistrictTransportation Fast Facts:
Our school buses transport approximately 12,100 students nearly 18,000 miles each day.
The South-Western City School District Transportation Department owns 210 buses. These buses serve students in 30 elementary, intermediate, middle, and high schools in the South-Western City School District as well as the South-Western Career Academy, eight preschool buildings, and one special needs preschool inclusion school within the SWCSD boundaries. The SWCSD Transportation Department also serves students in 24 non-public schools and 15 special needs schools outside the district boundaries.