Register Your Child for Grades K-12


Directions for change of address within the District, click here

Step 1
Verify that your address falls within the attendance boundaries of the South-Western City School District. Please use the School Viewer tool located at:

To enroll in the South-Western City School District, you MUST live within the district boundaries.
NOTE: If you have a question regarding your address, please call an enrollment specialist at (614) 801-6280.

Step 2
Review the Student Enrollment Center Checklist found HERE. (Click here for the Checklist in Spanish.)

Step 3
Prepare your child's enrollment information for submittal. This can be done in one of two ways:

Utilize the online enrollment information tool, located HERE.
NOTE: If there is already at least one child from your household enrolled in the South-Western City School District and you have a parent portal password, you can go directly to to register additional children from your household.

Print out and complete the student enrollment form:

Step 4

Make an appointment with an enrollment specialist at the South-Western City School District Student Enrollment Center. Please click here to make your appointment online or call (614) 801-6280 to make your appointment. Students do not need to be present at the enrollment meeting.

Step 5
In addition to a valid custodial parent/guardian ID, please bring the following documents with you to your enrollment appointment. Click here for a printable list of those documents.

  • Original birth certificate (or) original hospital certificate with seal (or) original Baptismal record with seal (or) passport;
  • Immunization (shot) records;
  • If enrolling from a foreign country for the first time, proof of a negative tuberculosis (TB) test is required. 
  • A current lease (signed by landlord & tenant) or signed & recorded deed or two different utility bills (in the parent or guardian’s name & dated within the last 30 days) or signed home purchase settlement statement to prove residency;
  • In the case of divorce or change of custody, a court document signed by a judge; and
  • Special Education Documents (504 Plan, IEP or ETR), if applicable.
  • If biological parents are divorced, a parent must provide the South-Western City School District with the divorce decree, shared parenting decree, and the shared parenting plan. The documents must state that the parent enrolling the student is the residential parent for school placement.
  • A foster parent enrolling a student must provide all of the documents given to them by Franklin County Children Services (FCSS), and the court order or temporary order of custody (TOC) showing that FCCS has custody.
  • A grandparent enrolling a student must provide a dated and time-stamped order of custody or a time-stamped grandparent caretaker affidavit from the Franklin County Juvenile Court.

NOTE: To enter kindergarten, a child must be five-years-old by September 30

Please print the following SWCSD forms, complete them, and take them with you to your appointment:

SWCSD Student Enrollment Center Map
4079 Gantz Road, Suite C2
Grove City, Ohio
Phone: 614-801-6280, Fax: 614-544-0010
Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

On Thursday, February 23 and Thursday, March 2, the SEC will be open from 10:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.

Directions: English - Spanish - Somali